Monday, January 11, 2010

I love my small group


We have been together a long time. Ed started the group in 1997, primarily for members of the tech team that work the weekend celebrations at church. (This was way back in the old church too.) Of course, lot of people have come and gone during that time frame, but there are still a few of us from the original group. Of those who are not from the original group, I think the newest members have been with us at least 5 years (you can correct me if I am wrong on this statistic).

One of our weekend messages suggested the breaking bread together brings people together more. It kind of hit home when I started to think about family gatherings. They did always seem to center around food, and I think families have a natural bond. So we decided to incorporate this philosophy into our group. We meet every other week, and decided that we would do dinner together. (Ya gotta eat, right?) It works out great, because we can do our check in during dinner and continue any study we are working on after dinner.

Food or no food, I love my small group. For me to took a long time, but I feel we are family. We are even starting to expand on the breaking of bread, and we are taking a trip with one of the couples from the group. I hope we can do more things like this with the whole group.

So the question to ponder today is...what the heck took us so long to start this? It really doesn't matter, what matters is that we are doing it, and I love these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment