Monday, January 4, 2010

How does one "create"?


I don't know you creative people do it. You know who you are. I have been working on (in my mind only) what to to with a completely blank wall in Ed's office. Some of you creative ones would love this challenge. It has been blank and ready for a few months now, and I am just now getting some ideas for it.

Of course I also have to consider what Ed would like too, uh? I am very fortunate that he is easy to please, and I think I know him well enough to get that part right. The question to ponder: You never really know, do you?)

Creativity somehow just escapes me. Taking pictures is one of the things I really enjoy. My criteria, though, is to capture the moment and not have to PhotoShop anything into or out of it (with the exception of an occasional crop). I'm not sure why I am like that (what does that say, do I need to do some investigating into this?). The picture has to already be there already for me. I might take a different spin, or angle on the shot. But for the most part what I see, I shoot (or at least part of it I shoot).

Actually, if I think about it, there could be two reasons for this: number one - I am clueless on PhotoShop, and all its potential; number two - again, I am just not that creative!

How does one "create" on the fly? Guess that is why God created databases.

No comments:

Post a Comment