Sunday, January 3, 2010

How cold is cold?


Wow it is cold this morning! There is an advisory out that the wind chill temperature is as low as 15-20 below zero. I lucked out on my volunteer schedule and did not have to walk across our huge parking lot at church at 7:30am. But Ed, he wasn't so lucky. See God does love me!

Yes, I get to sit here, in a warm house, drinking peppermint white hot chocolate and try to blog. Life is sure good to me.

Speaking of life, it seems like there have been a lot of funerals around me lately. I am unsure as to what to make of it all. It doesn't make me scared, it does make me sad. See I am very fortunate to have all my siblings, parents, and even a 99 year old grandma still alive in my life. I have felt the sorrow of losing someone only from a friend standpoint, and that was before Jesus was here.

I know I am totally unprepared for losing someone extremely close, but I feel like God is preparing me though. There is no denying it is going to happen someday. I hope I am learning my lessons properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment