Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cash for Clunker Appliances


We got in on the Cash for Clunker Appliances program! We just bought a dishwasher (thanks income tax refund) and will get another $100 for doing so. Not a bad gig, right?

I have no idea how old this dishwasher is that was in this house when I bought it 15 years ago, but it is old and loud. Since we are painting our kitchen and putting in a new floor, I was advised that if I was thinking about replacing my dishwasher, now is the time...before the floor goes in. So, ok, twist my arm for a new dishwasher.

Consumer reports says that Kenmore was rated the best for the money, and that's good enough for me. We get it installed the day after we return from Las Vegas. See, I already won!

The program started on Friday, and by Monday all the money was "reserved." I found out that you had to go in and reserve your rebate online before you buy, then you have 72 hours to buy. Who knew? Who came up with that plan?

I was allowed to go on a wait list, and today I got an email saying money was available. I knew all those people wouldn't really buy one. Today there is $113,755.00 available (where did that number come from if the rebates are $100?). Get this, $1,917,650.00 has been used (did someone qualify for a half a rebate?). Go figure!

There is money for refrigerators, washers and water heaters also. Just in case you are in the market for any of those.

Only another woman would understand when I say....Whoo hoo...I am excited about my new dishwasher!!

No comments:

Post a Comment