Sunday, March 14, 2010

I woke up!!!!


I have to blog about this, this is what blogging is all about. The most bizzare thing happened to me during my operation.

I woke up during surgery!!

It was the most unbelievable feeling. No, this wasn't for real, was it? Was this really happening? No one seemed to care but me...and I was scared. I thought that I woke up last year, but recounting the events I knew I couldn't have. But this time it was for real, I know for a fact I did.

I could hear Dr. Krug's voice "tension...tension 10...suture." I could feel pressure on my face and my eye. There was another male and female voice on my left with the doctor. I moved my hand and someone on my right gave me their hand and I squeezed it. All I wanted to do was go back out...please put me back out. But they didn't hear me for I was only crying on the inside. It felt like 10-15 minutes passed. I just knew I couldn't move.

Krug then started to address me! "You are doing good...you will feel a slight pinch...ready to close (well maybe that wasn't addressed to me)." Noooooo, don't talk to me...I don't want to be here...I don't want to really hear you now! The next thing I felt was ripping off of all the covering that was on my face. Then he put a patch on and taped it down. I couldn't believe what was happening! It didn't really hurt, but I could feel it!

After recovery Ed asked how I was feeling and the surreal and scared feeling was still with me. I said "I can't talk about it now" (because I knew I would cry more). It wasn't until we got home, that I tried to tell him what had happened, and yes, of course, I cried telling him the story.

All I can say now is...God is an awesome God! I will never understand how that all happens, but thank you. I don't think He minds that I was scared. I do know that He kept me calm so I wouldn't do anything stupid, and was certainly there with Dr. Krug! I am so loved!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't imagine waking up during an operation, especially on my eye. Seems like you would want to turn your eye and look at him or something. Just plain creepy if you ask me. You are such an amazing woman to be able to put all your faith into his hands. You constantly amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All I can say. that is definitely a weird story. I can't imagine that, i don't even like being awake for dental work, let alone eye surgery. i'm glad everything came out good. i look forward to seeing you soon.

    bw

    ReplyDelete