Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Big day a comin'...


Here we go, under the knife again for more eye surgery. Last year a detached retina and scleral buckle (yes, a buckle on my eye), this year a vitrectomy operation. One day I Googled a scleral buckle in video form....nope couldn't watch it...still can't. It is too gruesome. Maybe some day. I am amazed that we have the technology to do such a thing, and I will leave it at that.

I'm not nervous, not sure why I'm not nervous. I guess because I have faith in this doctor (hey if he can put a buckle on your eye, he's got to be good). Dr. Stewart Krug is a man of little words, but I think big competency. Or is it faith that God loves me enough to get me through this with my sight? Speaking of competency! I am thinking the latter is true, without that the former is irrelevant.

My understanding is that this isn't even the end. I will then grow a cataract which will have to be removed too. As we all know that is a much more routine procedure.

Oh these eyes! Mine hardly seem worth it (I say that because my sight is so bad). But any sight should be better than none, right?

Let's look at this positively, maybe I will have more of a chance to blog! I know that makes the one person who reads this just ecstatic! I will blog as soon as I am allowed to do such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment