Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day one in Las Vegas


Well, actually this starts last night. After we arrived, got to the hotel, found our room (which is I swear, a quarter mile walk from the elevator! I have a picture to prove it), we went out, if only to indulge me. Because as we all know, it was all about my camera shots…and wow was it worth it.

But first, let me talk about the room. For some reason (I think it was because Ed is so honest and good looking) the Castle gave us an upgraded room. All we did was ask for a king bed, and we got a room with a big flat screen TV, a desk, dresser, couch and coffee table, and a very nice bathroom with granite countertop, and good size shower (oh yea, and the king sized bed we asked for). Our view is great too, we can see MGM, and New York New York, a few other hotels, and we can see the mountains. God is sure good!

We spent the whole day at the show today. I got to meet Sparke (yea, great name, uh? It is actually his real last name). He is the manufacturer’s rep that Ed is talking to about some possible new A/V equipment upgrades for VCC. He seemed to know his stuff, and was very helpful and accommodating. Ed was very diligent in laying out a plan for each day we are here and has mapped out every vendor he wants to see, by day, and by morning and afternoon. We met Sparke promptly at 11:00am at the Panasonic booth.

After we got back to the room and unwound, we went out to eat, and yes of course, more pictures. I think we walked half way down the strip and back. I took about 130 pictures! No, I won’t post them all and bore you to total tears (that is even assuming you will look at them at all). Let’s suffice to say, there are a couple of good ones. When I do get those gems, I am so happy.

The one thing about Vegas that just kind of ruins things is these creepy guys who stand on the corners and flip these cards at you (well, you – if you’re a guy, and you know the cards I am talking about). Every corner has about 6 of them. For some reason, they think that if you don’t take one from the first guy, the second guy has a chance, then maybe the third. Where do they get this logic? I have to keep reminding myself that God loves them too.

So the question to ponder now is….what will happen tomorrow? Hopefully I will keep the diligence and let you know. (You know who you are…the one person who reads my blogs. By the way, thank you.)

1 comment:

  1. You wouldn't bore me with gear pictures!
    Especially new cameras!

    ReplyDelete