Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day two in Las Vegas


Are we having fun yet? Is it day two already? When we woke up and looked out our window, it was a beautiful sight. We could see the mountains so clearly. God sure does good work!

Today was more of the same as yesterday. Saw some cool things at the show. Tomorrow we see and learn about storage solutions (now is when I wished I would have paid closer attention to the “boys” I work with in IT so I was more familiar with what our capabilities are. Wish you were here, guys) for all this HD video stuff we have been looking at.

What seems scary to me, is investing in HD today, when everything we are seeing on the floor is going to 3D. (We saw the absolute coolest, smallest, 3D camera.)You feel like you are between a rock and a hard place. You can’t wait another 3-5 years to make the upgrade to 3D, but you certainly can’t afford it now. And now is the window of opportunity to buy. So, I guess you buy HD, and hope it lasts 10 years, like our current equipment. (I guess when you really think about it, who wants to come to church and see Dave in 3D?)

Tonight, of course, was more picture taking (163 tonight). After walking all day on the convention floor, we walked the whole strip tonight. I am so beat right now, but I burned off that ice cream…wait, we missed getting an ice cream!!! How did that happen? Maybe ice cream tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment