Saturday, April 17, 2010

Last day in Las Vegas


This is our last full day here in Las Vegas. As all vacations, it went by too fast. Today we drove to Oatman. AZ. Yea I know, I had never heard of it before either. It is a cool little old western town, complete with shoot outs at high noon.

Something that was strange was that we had to drive about 10 miles on a gravel road to get there. That really sets you up for old timey type expectation. It was a super neat road, especially if you had a 4 wheel drive vehicle and could drive off the main gravel road. It looked as if it would be so much fun. But no, we had a rental car, and were concerned about tearing it up.

One of the coolest things I thought about the town was the burros. They were just walking around in the streets. For $1 you could buy a bag of carrots and feed them. There were a couple of babies around too. They were just too cute (but not as soft as my Shelby and Bubba). The babies will just lie down when they are tired. It looks like they are dead. The shooting of the guns around them didn’t seem to phase them a bit.

Home tomorrow, all is well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicki,
    I love your blog. I added it to my favorites! Have a great day, Kim

    ReplyDelete