Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day three in Vegas


I know this must be boring, but it is my way of just documenting our trip. I will never know that no one is reading this anyway.

We walked the convention floor again today and (I, at least) was overwhelmed by how many vendors offer media storage solutions, and live streaming to web applications. How do you figure out what you need? (I know, ask those smart “boys” in IT! Secret time: they don’t know it yet, but there is a wealth of information it its way to them. Let’s not tell them just yet.)

Ed sure has done a lot of homework figuring out what his needs are. He is the A/V tech for sure. VCC is getting their money’s worth on him. Lots of hours spent before the show mapping out the vendors not to miss, hours asking questions trying to get the information he needs, and he is compiling notes tonight as I blog. You know, he is a pretty smart guy!

Here is an ironic item. We have internet on our room. It is a physical CAT5 connection. Because of that only one of us can be on the web at a time. Isn’t that a hoot? Guess that’s what you get for staying in a medieval castle.

Tonight we took a tram from the Castle to Mandalay Bay, had dinner at the House of Blues, and then took a tram to the Luxor. We thought it funny that neither one of use had ever been to either of these hotels. That sure sounds like a wimpy night when I think about all the walking we did last night. My legs still hurt, and it feels good just to sit and type right now. (I know I am showing my age here.) At least we didn’t have to deal with those sleazy guys on the street corners tonight. You know, the ones God loves.

I now have the daunting task of going through my pictures to pick out my favs. Sometimes being a picture buff is a curse (especially because if I am honest, I want to bore you with them but you can only see the good ones). But now…I think it is time for that ice cream that I missed last night, don’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment