Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I love Aslan!

I do not find it amusing or cute when movies have talking animals. Although I am very much an animal lover, I really think that making them talk in movies is a bit too cutesy and, just well over the top of anything necessary. (Too harsh yet?)

Then I go with my coworkers to see the latest Narnia movie, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, in 3D I might add. I have not read any of these fantastic C.S. Lewis books and have only seem two of the movies. I didn't even know what a "Dawn Treader" was! (psst..it was the name of a ship)

So having said all that, why was it every time Aslan appeared I cried? (December must be confession month for me.) I love Aslan! What he represents is so great and wonderful and beautiful. It is the same feeling I get when I allow myself to truly worship my God at church. It's kind of an overwhelming, happy, humble cry.

I don't really care too much for movies where kids are heroes either. It always seemed so corny to me (there is a reason I am not a mom). But I totally understand the meaning behind the children in the movie, that is what God wants us to be like. Jesus says in Mark 10:14-15 "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

(I know you are very afraid now, Vicki is quoting scripture! Yikes!)

Another thing I liked about the movie is that the dragon was not a bad guy. Oh yes, he started out as a brat kid, but ended up being a good dragon. Since dragons are special to me, I appreciated this. :-)

Anyway, Aslan has been on my mind since I saw the movie last week. I am sure there is a reason for all this. Maybe I will even blog about it when I discover what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment