Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas at VCC

Confession: I get too wrapped up in the technical aspects of our Christmas Celebration every year. I have always been a late bloomer too, which means I catch all jokes after the fact, I catch everything after it is too late...including Christmas.

Today I have some "my" time, and our Christmas Celebration is all that is in my head. Where else will you take a trip through space to the farthest galaxy and see stars you have never seen, see and hear opera and rap sung live together on stage, hear a classical pianist and rock band, watch a candle mysteriously light all by itself, and listen to two extremely smart guys explaining the reason that Jesus was born, all in an hour?

Sounds overwhelming doesn't it? I think that is because it is.

It all kind of hits home now, in my private time, how much I love my church and the message that it brings. I feel so strongly about it, yet I am not an evangelist. I know deep in my heart what has happened to me, I just cannot articulate it as well as most people so I usually don't.

I am so lucky and blessed to be able to take part in something that can actually change lives. I know, it changed mine!

I hope everyone's Christmas was as meaningful as mine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. For someone who says they "cannot articulate", those are some beautiful and touching words. Dang. I'm so lucky/blessed to know you and Ed; you both are truly special people.

    But who are the "two extremely smart guys"? You need to get out more...

    ReplyDelete