Monday, September 6, 2010

What a great day


Wow, what a great day. Why can't everyday be like this? Logic says because I would get bored with it all, and that is quite possibly the truth.

Upon arrival to our humble abode, a block from the ocean, one of the first things we discovered was that we have internet! Let me explain why this is a big deal.

We are staying at my 100 year old grandma's house (she no longer lives here, she moved in with my dad about 10 miles away a couple of years ago). It is actually about a 40 year old mobile home. If you know anything about mobile homes you know that we are looking at every room being paneled and old single pane storm windows. Four of us sleep on the biggest bed in the house which is a queen sized bed, which has to be at least 20 years old.

Having said all that, it has a big welcoming porch and did I mention that it is a block from the ocean...and it is free!!! I think I have come down here (and it is a 12 hour drive) at least once (usually more than once) every year since she has been here. For obvious reasons, grandma never had internet (I'm not sure if she even understands the concept yet). Every once in a while we could get on the wireless from the business on the other corner, and our oh so accommodating Time Warner offered wifi for for about $30 for the week (per person) which we never did partake in. (But we can tell you all the local coffee shops that offer free wifi.) So you can understand why getting free wifi was a very pleasant surprise!

We are still not sure why, but who is going to ask? Maybe because Hurricane Earl just left and it was a way to get tourists back (although how would they know until they arrived) for the holiday weekend. Maybe they had a change of heart??

Either way it brings me back to...what a great day! And don't even get me started on the food down here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment