Thursday, September 9, 2010

Goodbye Chrome!


I guess I just don't get to get it. Chrome is supposed to be the greatest browser out there these days. Well I say ummff!

One of the big deals is the speed. Sorry, I didn't see any improvement over my beloved FireFox.

Then there is the chrome Google Doodle. Yea, it's chrome! (cute for about a minute, then **yawn*)

Now let's talk about the features that it doesn't have. Did you know that you cannot get an RSS feed on Chrome like FireFox? I use this a lot to keep up with my friends blogs that I like to read. Once I figured out how to use RSS, I think it is a pretty cool feature.

Here is the most surprising thing about Chrome, this actually blew me away. First let's reiterate...Chrome is a product of Google (important information to consider when discovering the next Chrome fact). You know how when you download something on your browser you are asked if you want the "Google Toolbar"? And sometimes you just get it whether you want it or not. Well, Chrome's surprising fact is....it does not support the Google Toolbar! Uh?

One more strike against Chrome is that it doesn't play well with my new Vine at work. Now I realize this may not mean much to you, but you have to understand that the Vine is my adopted baby and it is near and dear to my heart.

I like my toolbar and my RSS feeds (and my Vine) that is three strikes...sorry Chrome, another day maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment