Thursday, April 21, 2011

Those Google Tricksters!


Wow, every try to change your email address on Blogger? Geez, it was easier to change it at my bank! Let me back up a bit.

We are moving into the age of fiber here in Fairfield (stepping right into the 21st century - no more RoadRunner here!) and I need to change my email address. In other words, we are moving from Tim Warner' coax cable to Cincinnati Bell's fiber optics. My choice for a new email address was a Gmail email address in hopes that I will not have to change it again.

It is a strange thing changing your email, especially if you have had the same one for 16 years! Yea, when I think about that it makes me shutter. 16 years!! Who does that?

So I come here to Blogger and try to change my email address. And I got the absolute strangest message on my attempt, "You cannot use a gmail address on Blogger" (or something along those line). Ok, let me be sure I understand this, I have Gmail now, and that is part of Google (so far so good). I want to use that Gmail address on my Blogger account - also a part of Google. And I am told that I can't do that. Things that make you go ummmmm.

So what do I do about that? I search Google for the answer!! Obvious, right? Sure enough, there I found my answer. So do ya love Google or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment