Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ok, I Confess...I had App Envy!

A friend I used to work with at VCC stopped in a week or so ago and we got caught up on all our happenings. She was a tech in our IT department, so having cool toys just goes with the (her) territory. Everything was going along great, then she did it to me! She showed me an app that made me drool (pun intended, you'll see why when I explain the app).

I didn't forget about it. And not to be outdone by an iPhone, I set out to find an app to do the same thing for my Droid X. Anything and iPhone can do a Droid can do better, right? And it had to be free (so cheap I am!)

Well, I found it! Allow me to explain what this really cool app does, because I know the suspense is about killing you now. You download this piece of software on your laptop, set it up anywhere and execute it. It launches the webcam, and I can fire up my app on my phone, and see what is going on...live!

Sorry, to me it was just the coolest thing! I don't use my laptop during the day and my girls just NEED to be checked on, right? Oh it was so fun (I know it is the geek coming out in me).

I no longer have app envy. Technology can be so fun! - Thanks Kim!

(P.S. Let that also be a warning if you had planned on breaking in my house....I will see you!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment