Friday, January 14, 2011

Remember the Alamo and grandma

Kinda makes you sad to hear about all the bloodshed that happened at the Alamo. Yea, what is left of the whole compound is not much to see, but wow, the stories of the things that went on there. I guess it didn’t help that we had a dreary, part mist and rainy day while we were there. I think that added to the sadness I felt. Maybe some sadness is just because there has not been any time yet to grieve for my grandma too.

Yea, grandma was old (over 100 years old!), and these things are to be expected, and I know she is in a much better place now. It just seems like I haven’t taken the time to properly think about her and be alone with these thoughts.

Last weekend was a whirlwind with driving 13 hours one way to attend her funeral, and coming back and working a couple of days and preparing for this trip with our friends that has been planned for three months. Sometimes life just comes at you!

So even though I have great sadness, there is great joy. I am with some of my dearest friends, and we are doing life together. That is what the bible tells us to do and gosh darn, I’m doing it!! Man, my life is good~~~~ I love these guys!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture. Yes, doing this 'life stuff' gets kind of tough. My wish for you this week is to have a few quiet moments to rest in your memories of your Grandma and grieve the sadness of the loss, but also rejoice in the celebration of her memories...
    Peace & Joy, Kim

    ReplyDelete