Friday, November 26, 2010

You turned!


You turned, and I missed it! We bought you when you were brand new, you only had 17 miles on you. You actually replaced a Camry, you were all pretty, shinny and new.

Now you have over 100,000 miles, and I didn't get to see it happen. You are the first car I have had long enough to say that about. You are still a great car, and not too much different from the day we brought you home.

Once we got the first scratch over with, you have not been injured since. That is, as long as we don't count a couple of bent rims. (Don't get me started on how I hate front wheel drive cars.) I have logged every tank of gas, and every maintenance and replacement part that you asked for on an Excel spreadsheet. In your whole life, you have only cost me $5,300. That is every oil change....everything except gas. I have a complete history on you, better than any CarFax could ever provide. They will never know what we know and what we have really been through. Take that CarFax!

We have taken lots of trips west to the ocean, east to Iowa, south the Florida, north to Detroit, and many stops and places in between.

If I could only figure out how to shine you up once again, your paint is getting dull kind of like I am getting gray. I guess it is appropriate.

Thanks for being such a great car. Happy 6th birthday, and happy 100,000. Here is to the next 100,000!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Please note that Iowa is West and North Carolina (ocean) is East. Other than that it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh...I never was very good at geography! Yet another reason I am so grateful for Nuvi when I travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got a little tear reading this. Here's to 100K more miles!

    ReplyDelete