Friday, June 18, 2010

Today = 11!!


It is hard to believe that I have been married 11 years today!

When I was younger (in my “BC” days – before Christ) I held on to the dream that there was the ‘perfect’ guy out there for me. I was not disillusioned that he would be perfect, I always contended that he would be ‘perfect for me.’ It was a belief I held on to through my 20’s and 30’s.

Little did I know how true that would be. Little did I know that it was really God in charge all the time. Little did I know that God already had it all already orchestrated to happen. Little did I know that He was still going to make it happen even as I entered my 40’s!

Obviously I knew (and still know) very little about all His wonders. I confess I did give up hope and ‘settled’ for less during that time. As I look back it just proved how little my faith was at that time. I had actually given up that it would happen, and even told Ed this when we were dating.
Not even knowing though, I was about to hear a different story from my Father. How did I know that I was confessing to the very man that I would be spending the rest of my life with?

I have never been happier than I have in the past 11 years. Thank you Ed, but most of all thank you God for not giving up on me and loving me enough to give me the greatest gift in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment