Monday, June 7, 2010


Ahh…its Monday. It is 67 degrees, the sun is out, the birds are singing, I am sitting outside with a cup of coffee, my computer, and the interweb. Life is good. Is this what it is like when one is retired? If so, I can’t wait.

Fondly, I remember being off work for about 3 months (after Clinique closed the office I was working at and before I started working at VCC) and taking a walk every day with Jas. I was off from November through January and we walked no matter the weather. I remember walking while it was snowing one day, and she was accumulating snow on her back. Oh those were the days.

Ed and I got up early and did some exercises this morning. We are hoping to do this 3-4 times a week at least. And now that I have publicly said this on my blog (even though no one will really see it) I still somehow feel a commitment to do it.

Ed always was my motivator, so I expect that he will continue to be that. All he has to do is to get up in the morning. If he does, than I will. I feel he will, as he is much better about exercising that I have ever been.

All my life I have never had to worry about what I ate, or when I ate it. At the age of 18 I was a size 5, at 40 I was a size 8, and at 50 I was a size 10 (I sure could have lived with that for the rest of my life!). Even though the trend was going in the wrong direction, I was still ok. After all it was just a number, right? Of course I was a lot more active in those days. I loved to go dancing in my 20’s and 30’s, and was still snow skiing into my 40’s.

So what happened after the big 5-0? I guess I could come up with a list if I wanted to, but I also know that the real reason lies in me and only me. The first lesson is that I can no longer eat whatever, whenever. Someone needs to tell my body that though!

My question to ponder today is: will posting this blog give me incentive to do something more? I have no excuses for anything less. All the exercise equipment I could possibly need is right here in my home (thank you Wii Fit Plus). So I will close this asking for God’s help because we both know if it was left up to me it wouldn’t get done. I’ll go inside now and cook some good healthy oatmeal for breakfast. Thank you God, in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment