Sunday, February 7, 2010

Surprise!!!


So we go to work on Saturday morning after getting 2-3" of snow overnight, and it still snowing off and on during the day. It was a typical, normal day. We came home about 9:00 at night to a huge surprise---our driveway had been shoveled!!

I accused Ed of doing it before he left for work, but he was as stunned as I because knew he hadn't shoveled it.

Now I love doing random and anonymous acts of kindness for people, so the question is.....why should I be surprised that someone would do it for me? But I still am!

Part of me wants to know who did it (see there is that theme again in these blogs, I want to know!). But part of me does not want to know. Actually in this case, it is the latter that is the bigger part. Something in me doesn't want to ruin the mystery. I want to savor God's love for me.

All I can say is 'Thank You' to whoever you are. And 'Thank You' God, for giving them the heart to do this wonderful thing for me.

A funny caveat to this story is that we have secretly wanted to buy a snow blower and go around our neighborhood doing is very thing for people as our way of showing God's love. (We actually went shopping for them last year, but didn't buy.) And here someone actually beat us to the punch!!

God is sooooo good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment